Car-Part.com has the unlimited right to collect data regarding the use of our websites, products, and/or services (including, without limitation, data or information regarding the relationship between vehicle identification numbers and the parts included in such vehicle, information regarding the part searches performed by users of the Services, and information regarding how users navigate and/or use the Services) (such data and information being collectively referred to as “Collected Data”).
By way of example, and not of limitation, Collected Data may include the following types of data and information:
- Username(s) and password(s) used to access the Services (if applicable);
- Data and information regarding the relationship between vehicle identification numbers and the parts included in such vehicle;
- Data and information regarding part searches performed by users of our websites, products, and services;
- Data and information regarding parts ordered and/or added to estimates;
- Internet Protocol (“IP”) address used to connect your computer to the Internet;
- Computer, device and connection information, such as browser type and version, operating system, mobile platform and unique device identifier (“UDID”) and other technical identifiers;
- Uniform Resource Locator (“URL”) click stream data, including date and time stamp, referring and exit URLs, search terms you used, and pages you visited or searched for on the Services; and
- For location-aware services, the physical location of your device.
Car-Part.com does not intend to collect personally identifiable information (as defined below) about users of the Services. If the Collected Data does contain personally identifiable information about any user of the Services, Car-Part.com does not intend to disclose such personally identifiable information to any other party (except as set forth under Disclosure of Collected Data below, or with such user’s consent); provided, however, that Car-Part.com may use any such personally identifiable information internally for the purposes identified herein. As used herein, “personally identifiable information” shall mean an individual’s first name or first initial and last name in combination with any one or more of the following data elements, when the name or data element is not redacted: (1) Social Security number; (2) driver’s license number; or (3) account number, credit or debit card number, in combination with any required security code, access code, or password that would permit access to an individual’s financial account.
You can prevent your browser from accepting certain cookies, have the browser require your consent before a new cookie is placed in your browser, or block cookies altogether by selecting the appropriate settings on your browser's privacy preferences menu. To avoid receiving cookies on the browser of your mobile device, you will need to refer to its user manual. However, disabling cookies in your browser may affect your use of the Services.
Our website uses Google Analytics (see http://www.google.com/analytics/), a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses “cookies” which are text files placed on your computer, to help the website analyze how users use the website. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google's behalf. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. By using our website or the Services, you consent to the processing of data about you by Google in the manner and for the purposes set out above.
For more information on how Google collects and processes data, please visit the following link: http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. For information on how to opt-out of cookies provided by Google Analytics, please visit the following link: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245. You can also stop being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites by going to Google's site at: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
We believe there is no reason for our visitors to be particularly concerned about the privacy implications of any of the cookies we use, but we do recognize the importance of making you aware of the purpose and scope of the data stored in the cookies which are created or updated on your computer when you visit our website. You may choose to delete these cookies from your computer between visits to our website.
Permitted Uses of Collected Data
Car-Part.com owns any and all Collected Data. Car-Part.com has the unlimited right to use the Collected Data, combine the Collected Data with other information, prepare works based upon the Collected Data, include or incorporate Collected Data into the products or services of Car-Part.com or any of its affiliates, and otherwise use the Collected Data to enhance any of the products or services of Car-Part.com or any of its affiliates. Car-Part.com does not intend to collect personally identifiable information about users of the Services. If the Collected Data does contain personally identifiable information about any user of the Services, Car-Part.com does not intend to disclose such personally identifiable information to any other party (except as set forth under Disclosure of Collected Data below, or with such user’s consent); provided, however, that Car-Part.com may use any such personally identifiable information internally for the purposes identified herein.
Car-Part.com may use and disclose Collected Data in any manner permitted under applicable law. By way of example, and not of limitation, the purposes for which Car-Part.com may use Collected Data include the following:
Disclosure of Collected Data
- Combining the Collected Data with other information;
- Preparing works based upon the Collected Data;
- Including or incorporating Collected Data into the products and/or services of Car-Part.com or any of its affiliates
- Using the Collected Data to enhance any of the products and/or services of Car-Part.com or any of its affiliates;
- Providing any product or service to our users (such as allowing access to or delivering our products or services, processing or fulfilling an order or transaction, or administering surveys or promotional programs);
- Responding to your requests, inquiries, comments or concerns;
- Providing technical, product and other support and helping keep our products and/or services working, safe and secure;
- Offering you customized content and individualized personalization of our products and/or services to make them more relevant to your interests and needs;
- Developing new products and/or services;
- Enhancing, evaluating and improving our products and/or services;
- Identifying and analyzing usage trends (including for the purposes of research, audits, reporting and paying royalties and license fees to third-party content providers);
- Notifying you about changes or updates to our products and/or services; and
- Providing you special offers, promotions, surveys and other information about our products and/or services (as well as products, events and services of our affiliates and non-affiliated third parties).
Except as expressly limited by (1) the respective terms of service applicable to our various Services, or (2) a signed written agreement between Car-Part.com and a user of our various Services, Car-Part.com has the unlimited right to disclose Collected Data to other parties. However, Car-Part.com does not intend to disclose personally identifiable information to any other party (except as required by law or with such user’s consent). Car-Part.com may need to disclose your personally identifiable information for the following purposes:
Our websites, products and/or services may let you post and share personally identifiable information, comments, materials and other content. Any information that you disclose publicly may be collected and used by others, may be indexable by search engines, and might not be able to be removed. Please be careful when disclosing personally identifiable information in these public areas.
- to respond to or comply with any law, regulation, subpoena, court order or other legal obligation;
- to enforce and protect our rights and properties;
- to detect, investigate and help prevent security threats, fraud or other malicious activity;
- to protect the rights, property or safety of our users, employees or others; and
- if Car-Part, any of the Services, or a related asset or line of business is acquired by, transferred to or merged with another company.
Security for Collected Data
Car-Part.com takes precautions to safeguard all of our information (including, without limitation, Collected Data) against loss, theft and misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction through the use of appropriate administrative, physical and technical security measures.
Cross-Border Transfer of Collected Data
Collected Data may be transferred to other countries for processing. By using any of the Services, you consent to the transfer of information to countries outside of your country of residence, which may have different personally identifiable information protection rules than your country.
Revision Date: November 19, 2015